Quest Theater Residency |
Quest Theater Residency
We are so very excited to have Quest Theatre in our school this week working with Grade 1-8 students!
Quest Theatre’s Artists In School Residency Program is a fun and engaging learning experience for all of RVS. It is an exciting week; the energy is electric and the end result is incredibly rewarding. The theme of the experience is Cultural Stories, and is a great opportunity to explore how stories help us understand who we are… The Quest Instructors are working with the students to explore, develop and create the shows and take them from the page to the stage all in one week - wow!
It is a learning experience like no other, and covers a number of curricular objectives:
- to share the joy of the creative process with young people
- to set each child’s imagination on fire (not literally – yikes J)
- to bring unity to a classroom and to the entire school so they can work together to achieve something unique
- to build individual self-esteem as children discover and develop another aspect of themselves
- to transform a child’s knowledge of a story into emotion, movement, sounds, colors, textures and smells
- to provide a unique and complementary education model to develop a young person’s creative, cognitive and physical skills in a safe environment
Our final performances in the main gym are:
Grade 1-4 on Thursday, February 16th at 6:30 p.m.
Doors open at 6:00 p.m. and we ask that students are in their own classrooms no later than 6:15 p.m.
Grade 5-8 on Friday, February 17th at 10:30 a.m.
We hope to see you there!
River Valley School